Getting a Philippine e passport nowadays are much easier compared few years back. Gone are the days were you would fall in long lines for an hour or two just to be able to get your Philippine e passport.
Applying for a Philippine epassport is now made easier and world class. You can now make an appointment online (First time applicant, renewal and lost passport) through the DFA website and it is your option if you want Teleserv Pilipinas to deliver your Philippine e passport at your doorstep but with an additional fee for it.
But how would you get a Philippine e passport? What are the requirements you need to prepare? Check them out below;
1. Prepare your NSO birth certificate (BC) in security paper (SECPA). Call NSO hotline at (02) 737-1111 for your Birth Certificate.
2. Prepare three (3) Valid Id’s (Driver’s license, SSS ID, BIR ID, School ID and other supporting documents indicating your full name, date of birth and your home address.
3. Go online and make an appointment with the DFA. Fill up the application form, download and print it out once you are done and always remember your appointment reference numbers.
4. Make sure to come on time on your appointment date with the DFA.
5. Make two (2) photocopies of each documents in your possession. (NSO birth certificate, Valid ID’s, Application form and other supporting documents)
6. Present your appointment form to the appointment counter.
7. Get your queue number at the information counter and sit down at a given designated place while waiting for your turn.
8. After processing, you may proceed to the passport enrollment section located at 2nd floor and pay the passport processing fee. (Regular processing fee – Php 950.00 (25 working days) Rush processing Php 1,200.00 (15 days) An additional Php 200 will be charged for processing of lost passport if it is still valid.
9. Next, proceed to encoding section for data capturing.
10. Wait for your passport to be delivered to your doorstep (optional). Avail of this service through Pilipinas Teleserv. Go back to Delivery counter for additional information about this particular service.
For passport renewal you will just need to photocopy the front and last page of your passport. (Two copies each. Also, prepare a copy of your NSO birth certificate.
Meanwhile, for lost passport, you should execute an affidavit of lost. Prepare photocopies of your lost passport as well and have a copy of your NSO birth certificate and other supporting documents.