Adobo is the most popular dish in the Philippines and this cuisine is typically a marinated dish, purely meat. It can be chicken or pork or a combination of both. The marinated meat is cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorns, diced onion, paprika, salt,bay leaves and is traditionally served with steamed rice.
There are several ways to cook this delectable dish but what I am going to share you now is a simpler way to cook Adobo without compromising the taste of the cuisine.
See the ingredients and steps below;
1/2 kilo pork cut in cubes and 1/2 kilo chicken cut into pieces
1 minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
1/2 diced onion
1 table spoon paprika
5 bay leaves
4 table spoon cooking oil
2 cups water
A pinch of salt
1. Boil pork and chicken meat in a large pot full of water until run off of meat is clear.
2. Drain water out and add enough oil to saute garlic and meat. Brown on all sides.
3. Add soy sauce and vinegar to cover meat.
4. Add bay leaves and other seasonings to taste.
5. Simmer for at least 25 minutes until meat is tender.
6. Serve with rice.
Happy eating! 🙂